This is by far THE BEST banana nut muffin recipe ever. Super soft and moist banana nut butter with walnut toppings is very easy to make.
A banana nut muffin is a type of muffin that typically includes ingredients such as mashed bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, and chopped nuts (usually walnuts or pecans) as its main ingredients. It is often considered a breakfast food or a sweet snack. The mashed bananas give the muffins a moist and soft texture, while the nuts add a crunchy and nutty flavor. Some variations of the recipe may also include ingredients such as cinnamon, vanilla, and baking powder to enhance the flavor and texture.
For banana nut muffins, it is best to use ripe bananas. Ripe bananas have a yellow peel with brown spots, indicating that they are sweet and easy to mash. The sweetness of the banana will complement the nutty flavor of the muffins and will add moisture to the batter. Overripe bananas can also be used, as they have an even stronger banana flavor and will make the muffins even more moist.
- Bananas: ripe bananas are good for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil: make them moist and tender.
- Brown sugar: adds flavor and moistness.
- Egg: you only need one large egg.
- Vanilla extract: adds flavor.
- All purpose flour:
- Baking soda: (not baking powder) helps to lift the muffins.
- cinnamon: for extra flavor.
- Salt: you just need a pinch of salt to balance the flavor.
- Chopped nut: walnut or pecans adds a little crunch and goes really well with bananas.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA NUT MUFFINS:
- Mash 4 large ripe or over ripe bananas in a blender or a potato masher.
- Add vegetable oil, large egg, vanilla extract and brown sugar with bananas and stir to combine.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, stir with 1 cup of chopped nuts, stir until combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together.
- Cover and let the batter rest 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 425F°.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Fill the liners to the top with batter. Press the remaining ½ cup of nuts onto the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 9 minutes first at 425F° first then turn temperature down to 375ºF and bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE:
- No-bake blueberry cheesecake cups
- White chocolate berry dessert
- Tres Leches Cake
- Vanilla cake without eggs, milk, butter-one pan recipe
- No bake strawberry cheesecake bars without gelatin
Banana Nut Muffin
- 4 large ripe bananas
- ⅓cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda( not baking powder)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nut, walnuts or pecan
- Mash the bananas with mixer or with potato masher in mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, egg, vanilla and brown sugar and mix with a blender or hand whisker.
- Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and 1 cup chopped nut.
- Combine the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and stir until combine.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Fill the liners to the top with batter. Press the remaining ½ cup of nuts onto the tops of the muffins. Add sanding sugar if you like.
- Bake for 9 minutes at 425ºF, then keeping the muffins in the oven turn the temperature down to 375ºF and bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack