Pineapple Dream Dessert is a very light and refreshing dessert. Graham crackers, crushed pineapple, and whipped cream are the perfect combination for this easy-to-make dessert. It's an old recipe loved by millions of people around the world.
- Graham crackers: to make crust and for the topping. you can use graham crackers or digestive biscuits if you are outside the US.
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted butter whatever you have on hands. make sure its butter not margarine.
- Cream cheese: any good quality cream cheese at room temperature.
- Powdered sugar:
- Crushed pineapple can:
- Cool whip toppings: you can use homemade whip cream if you don't like cool whip topping but cool whip holds up better for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE DREAM DESSERT:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Crush graham crackers in a Ziploc bag with a rolling big or in a blender. Melt the butter and add to the graham crackers. mix until smooth. add 2 cups of crumbs into a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish, press down firmly with a back of a measuring cup. bake for 10 minutes. allow to cool completely.
In a stand mixer (or use an electric mixer), beat cream cheese and softened butter together until creamy. If using a stand mixer, lower the heat to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until well combined and smooth. Drain the crushed pineapple and add 2 tablespoon to the cream cheese mixture and stir well.
Next, spread the cream cheese mixture over the baked and cooled graham cracker. In another bowl, mix the whipped topping with the rest of the crushed pineapple. Mix. Spread the whipped topping mixture over the cream cheese. gently spread it with the back of the spatula. Now sprinkle the rest of the graham cracker mixture on top. Cover the dish with cling film. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
Other delicious you may like
Pineapple Dream Dessert
- 2 ½ cup graham cracker crust, divided
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple can, drained
- 8 ounces cool whipped toppings, thawed
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Crush graham crackers in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin or in a blender
- Melt the butter in microwave and add to the graham cracker crumbs, stir until combined.
- Add 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan and press firmly. (save the remaining crumbs for later use)
- Bake for 10 minutes and then allow it to cool completely.
For the filling
- In a stand mixer or using an electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese and butter together until creamy and smooth.
- If using a stand mixer, turn it down to low and add the powdered sugar slowly until well combined.
- Drain the crushed pineapple well and add 2 tablespoon of the drained crushed pineapple and stir.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over baked and cooled crust.
- In another bowl, combine the whipped cream toppings with remaining drained crushed pineapple.
- Spread over the cream cheese mixture, smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumbs on top evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.